Welcome to my Review Blog!!

I am a PR friendly blogger! For my media kit, please visit my main blog, My Little Life, and click on "Disclaimer"!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Skin MD Natural


Recently, I was asked to review a moisturizer from Skin MD Natural, a skin care company that prides itself on it's use of natural products.

Before I get to my review, let me show you what the company says about it's line of Skin MD Natural moisturizers:


"A shielding lotion does the real work to prevent dry skin in two ways.

First, it assists the inner layers of skin to absorb moisture. The humectant (an ingredient that attracts moisture) used in Skin MD Natural is unique to it and has been laboratory tested to be 6 times more effective than any other you will find in common creams.

Second, a shielding lotion enhances the power of the top layer of the skin to resist environmental irritants while protecting the inner natural moisture.

This can be a big benefit for those who cook, wash dishes and garden because Skin MD Natural helps skin retain its natural moisture and oils in the face of all those irritating soaps and chemicals.

The manufacturer's website www.skinmdnatural.com has hundreds of dermatologist and user reviews including many addressing severe dry skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis. People with sensitive skin -- and those of us who like to live as naturally as possible -- will appreciate that Skin MD Natural is hypoallergenic, free of fragrances, parabens and colorants. It is made with more than 90% natural ingredients and 100% food-grade ingredients that are on the FDA's "most safe" list."

With all the talk "these days" about renewable energy, I found it very interesting that Skin MD Natural is made in a facility that is 100% solar powered!


I found Skin MD Natural to be a very lightweight, effective moisturizer, that does not have that "greasy" feeling at all. It is not a heavy moisturizer, and while we don't have chronic skin issues in our family, we do live in MinneSOOOOta, which basically means we live in some sort of state of dry skin or another.


If it isn't dry winter air sucking the moisture out of our skin, it is summertime and too much sun that's drying us out! And, speaking of too much sun...Skin MD Natural also has an SPF containing moisturizer, too!


I appreciated the lack of fragrance in the moisturizer...sometimes, a girl just needs a good ol' fashioned SCENT-FREE moisturizer to soothe her dry skin, right?! Being that it is a lightweight moisturizer, I did find that I needed to apply it several times throughout the day to keep my hands feeling soft.


Being that the bottle boasts "face" as one of it's treatment areas, I went right ahead and sacrificed this old face of mine...and you know what? It's not too shabby! I didn't notice any breakouts, and it did not leave my face feeling oily at all!


All in all...I'd give Skin MD Natural two (nicely moisturized) thumbs up!


Would YOU like a chance to try Skin MD Natural? Just leave any old comment on THIS post between now and Friday, March 11th at 9pm, CST, for your chance to win a bottle of your very own!


**I was not compensated by Skin MD Natural for a favorable review. What I've stated above are my honest accounts of the product. Skin MD Natural did provide me with a full sized bottle of their moisturizer for this review.





13 comments:

RaD said...

Sure count me in!

Vanessa said...

Count me in too...I am not a very green person, try to be but failing. However, I find it AWESOME that the facility is completely solar powered!!

Elizabeth R., EA said...

Always looking for new things to try! Wish me luck!

Kasey said...

I'm always looking for something new to try! I love that they use solar power... very green!

Wendy said...

Sounds awesome! I've had horrible dry skin on my face lately from this winter weather!

Erin said...

The MN weather has ruined my skin! Sign me up!

Erin said...

I live in the South, so I really need a moisturizer that doesn't leave me feeling greasy! Thanks for the info!

Lorrie said...

I would love to try a natural product that is also good for the environment!

Rachel said...

Sounds like a great product!! Would love to try it!

Courtney said...

Sounds great!

Sandy said...

I'm always looking to try non-fragranced products for my sensitive skinned boys!

Andrea said...

I'd love to try it on my littlest one...he gets some nasty dry patches.

Jules said...

I go through tons of moisturizers in these long winter months...